The proposed agenda for May's SC Board of Education Meeting can be viewed below:
Sanborn Central Board of Education
Board of Education Meeting
May 11th, 2020
A. Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance.
B. Additional Agenda and Disclosure Items.
C. Visitors to Board Meeting.
D. Approval of Agenda
- 75-2019/2020. Approve May 11th, 2020 agenda.
E. Approval of Minutes.
- 76-2019/2020. Approve April 14th, 2020 regular board minutes
F. Financial Reports/Bills/Governance.
- 77-2019/2020. Approve bills and financial report.
- 78-2019/2020. REVIEW 2020-2021 PRELIMINARY BUDGET.
G. Reports and Items of Discussion.
- Superintendent/HS Principal – Justin Siemsen
- Elementary/MS Principal – Connie Vermeulen
- Other items for discussion:
H. Old Business.
I. New Business.
- 79-2019/2020. Approve the district’s 2020-2021 annual membership in the Associated School Boards of South Dakota (fee TBD).
- 80-2019/2020. Approve the contracted services of Mid-Dakota Technologies at a rate of $150 a month for the 2020-2021 school year.
- 81-2019/2020. Approve the district’s High School-Wide Plan.
- 82-2019/2020. Approve the Extended School Year Services contract to Jeannette Knigge at a rate of $20.00/hr for 2 students at 20 hours for a total of $400, Kelly McClane 1 student at a rate of $20.00/hour for 5 total hours for a total of $100.00 and Paula Sanderson at a rate of $20.00/hour for 5 students at 25 hours for a total of $500.00.
- 83-2019/2020. Approve voting for Tom Culver, Avon High School as East River representative on the SDHSAA Board of Directors, Marty Weismantel, Groton Area School District, as Small School Group Board of Education Representative on the SDHSAA and approve proposed amendment. NOTE: Board members received information on both candidates & the amendment.
- 84-2019/2020. Approve the SPED Comprehensive Plan for 2020-2021
- 85-2019/2020. Approve the contract with the State of South Dakota to provide school health services for 2020-2021.
- 86-2019/2020. Approve adjournment at ________ p.m.
Next scheduled regular board meeting will be in the Sanborn Central School Conference Room on Monday, June 8th, 2020 at 7:00 pm in Forestburg